The Home Buying process explained Step by Step
- Select a Real Estate Agent. You want to be sure to select a Real Estate Agent that can assist you in finding your home and that will be there for you from the beginning and beyond closing.
- Get a pre-approval from a local lender. Here is the website for an excellent local lender: http://coconnell.com/
- Determine with your lenders assistance and more important your Real Estate Agent, what you are looking for. You might qualify for a million dollar mortgage but you might not be comfortable with such a payment. So discuss with your agent what you are looking for and what you want.
- Browse for properties online and select them
- Schedule a home tour to view homes you have selected
- Make an offer
- Negotiate terms with seller
- Ratify contract
- Move in
Some buyers will find their dream home during the first home tour, some might even only look at one home and make an offer and others will take much longer to making sure they are finding what they are looking for. No matter how long it takes you to finding your home make sure you like the area and the layout of the home. A lot of the other things are cosmetic fixes and can be done at anytime. Once you have a ratified contract you will have to make sure you work with the lender to submit all the lenders documents.