What should a seller bring to closing
So the hard work has been done now its time to go to closing.
What should a seller bring with to closing?
- A form of identification
- Keys, bring all your keys to closing unless otherwise arranged with your agent. Be sure to not forget about mailbox key, any storage or attic key you might still have
- Voided check. You want to bring a voided check so the settlement company can send you the proceeds after closing. You can also provide your bank information directly to the settlement agent, but by giving them a voided check there is no risk of errors such as typo
- Make sure utility service has been changed out of your name
- Forward mail to your new address
- Make sure you mortgage lender has your forwarding address
- Stop any direct debits for mortgage payment or HOA or anything else
- Make sure homeowners insurance knows you sold your home.